Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 22: Three Good Things

  1. I got to meet Amy, a fellow blogger and yogini. She had just finished the 5:00 p.m. class. See her blog from the links on the right.
  2. I managed to keep my hands in prayer position during Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee. Thank you Sarah for making me give it a go!
  3. I stayed in the room.

I am determined that this will be a positive blog entry. The truth is that I was fired up for yoga today, especially since I missed last night. I thought because I wanted to practice that it would feel great and it just didn't. I felt nauseous almost from the get go (I'd chugged a short glass of Emergen-C a half-hour before class hoping that would give me a boost of energy, but I think the carbonation did a number on my stomach) and I had a headache for most of class. I only sat out a couple sets but one of them was my precious Camel and that bummed me out. My back muscles and left shoulder hurt, but I'm getting used to ignoring that.

So, acknowledging that every class is different and I don't know what it's going to be like until I'm in it, what can I do? It occurred to me while I was laying down during the second set of Camel that I didn't eat any protein today. I'm usually very mindful of what and when I eat. Today I ate well -- whole grains, veggies, fruit, lots of water, green tea but no protein. I'm definitely putting the kibosh on chugging Emergen-C before class. I slept well so I don't think it's that. Any other ideas? All advice is welcome!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hang in there! I think that the great benefit of blogging is that you can process what was going on in each class and then go back and review. You might be able to see a pattern of what makes for a good and not so good class. Hope to see you tonight at 7!

bikramyogachick said...

Oh well, whenever I have prepared properly with rest, hydration, food, etc and still feel that way during class I always picture that my body is just digging down into another deep layer of crap that it wants to detox out!

Post a Comment