Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 10: Snap Crackle Pop

"Snap, Crackle, Pop," Sarah says as we go down into Awkward. She can hear everyone's knees cracking. This is how I feel for the entire class. I'm glad to be back in the studio. The sun is shining, the snow has finally stopped {for now}, but my body is just tired and hurting. Everything feels tight and muscles I didn't even know I had are in pain. I finally manage to stick both sets of triangle, determined to hang on, and then fall on my butt on the way out. I slog through the entire class, am grateful to make it to the end and then for the rest of the day anytime I shrug, I hear snap, crackle, pop in my shoulders. Things are definitely shifting and moving.

I'm beginning to think I'll be better off when I return to work and a regular schedule. I don't think I'm drinking enough water and I'm usually a night class person. By 7:00 p.m. every night, I've been at work either hunched over my desk or running up and down 3 sets of stairs all day and my body wants to stretch and reach and pull. For the last week, I've been going to yoga in the morning or at noon and then crawling back to bed to read, do some work or play Scrabble with J.R. and that's it! My poor body is doing all this hard work in class and then nothing at all for the rest of the day. No wonder I'm tight!

I think I'm going to prescribe shoveling out the back walk and going to the 4:00 p.m. class for today {I didn't post last night. Too tired!} And I'm going to drink copious amounts of water starting right now. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment