Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 21: The Best Laid Plans

Today I was feeling very positive about going to class. I had a good night's sleep, was productive at work, ate nutritiously, drank the water, and was fired up to go to class and just be really focused and strong.

And then I got home to find our kitten racing around, wrestling with our older cat, and desperately trying to detach the cardboard cone that J.R. had constructed to keep him from licking his new incision. The instructions from the vet say that he should not be active or interact with other cats. So much for that! J.R. {whose baby this is} was looking alarmed and also felt vaguely sick. He had an acupuncture appointment at 6 that he was willing to cancel for my yoga class {since we could not leave our newly neutered and spastic kitten in such a state} and that's where I drew the line.

"You feel sick and weird and you're worried about Cooper. Go to acupuncture. It's no big deal. I can do a double this weekend." So off he went in the rain while I tried to coax the kitten to lay down and play quietly with a catnip mouse.

And the kitten lay down with the fuzzy mouse, and the cat and I watched him and were still. J.R. returned feeling 150% better, and we've had dinner, and folded laundry, and taken out the trash, and talked about our days, and felt some more of that same calm.

And tomorrow I will return to my place on the mat stronger and hopefully carrying some of that stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment