Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 16: Top Ten Reasons

I enjoyed tonight's class, taught by Kyle, for lots of reasons.
  1. I was cranky when I walked into the studio and elated when I walked out.
  2. Kyle really emphasized being still both in and between the postures.
  3. It was fun being in the front row near A.J. & Kyra, two young, pretzely people who go into advanced postures.
  4. My back hurts but it's the good hurt that comes from working all those different muscles.
  5. I got some height in full locust.
  6. I asked a question about having straight wrists in floor bow and Kyle demonstrated how to do each part of the posture step by step. What a difference!
  7. In rabbit I thought one of my middle vertebra was going to come right through my skin. The stretch felt so good after camel.
  8. After I touched my forehead to my thumbs, Kyle told me to put my forehead on my shins and pull even more! 
  9. I made a new friend.
  10. I didn't feel nauseous at any point in the practice.
Overall, there was just a buoyancy to the entire class. Everyone was working hard, but there were jokes made and questions asked and even some laughter. All good!

Now if I can just get myself to that 6:15 a.m. class tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

It was fun, huh? I wasn't so sure myself, going in, 6th class I taught in 30 hours or so. But you guys got me going! I loved it. Here is a little secret... the instructor gets as much from you students as you get from us!! I went in a little crabby and tired, but left loving my job and the yoga too!!

Prodigal Yogini said...

6 classes in 30 hours in insane! Did you have a chance to practice in those 30 hours as well? I'm glad you liked it too! Thanks!!

Kyle said...

Of course I did!! twice. One time every day. I just don't do to the challenges anymore, because they work against me. As soon as it becomes mandatory, I don't want to practice. Otherwise I go every day!! I'm strange that way.

Prodigal Yogini said...

I'm packing my bag for tomorrow morning right now and putting it by the door!

Post a Comment