Sunday, March 21, 2010

Days 45, 46 & 47, Classes 39 & 40: Gratitude

It's been a busy couple of days, including two yoga classes, an overnight trip to DC with J.R., friends from out of town, a dedication ceremony with my circle, cleaning, cooking and trying to get ready to go back to work. I had a moment at 3:00 p.m. today when I thought maybe I should skip the 4:00 p.m. class and just try to get my life together. I was tired, surveying the wreckage of my house while the sun poured through open windows and remembering that I hadn't picked up a prescription.

But I went. The house would still be there when I returned home at 6:00 and I needed to go. I was starting to make a big deal out of wanting to hold on to the last few hours of my spring break and then I took a deep breath and realized that there was no need to get stirred up. I just switched gears and went to class full of gratitude.

I'm grateful for:
  • all the caring, interesting, magical people in my life.
  • my steady yoga practice.
  • the return of green shoots in my garden.
  • the 60-Day Bikram Challenge card Amy brought me back from Chicago!
  • work that I love with people that I love. It will good to see them again tomorrow!
  • the beautiful pink roses and gerber daisies that Dave and Justina brought and for the iris James added to them last night.
  • fresh air pouring through the bedroom window.
  • the funny class on Friday when I was able to use laughter to climb a little higher during full Locust.
  • the two beautiful pink flowering heather plants I bought.
  • Mirabilia & Eleuthia
I could go on and on, and I thought of all of these and more while I was laying in Savasana before class began. Today was #40 and although I have had/will have to skip some classes, I truly feel that it has begun to soak in; that I am finally at a place of steady practice and steady growth.

Blessed be!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a lovely post! You inspire me. Hope to practice with you soon. Maybe Tuesday at 5 but I might not make it. Otherwise, Wednesday at 5 or 7 (depending on when a meeting ends).

Post a Comment