Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 33, Classes 28 & 29: Double Your Fun

SO happy!

The 9:00 a.m. class was awesome for so many reasons. Amy saved me a spot and it was such a pleasure to practice next to my friend and fellow blogger. I missed the yoga after two nights off and I felt SO STRONG! I did every set of every posture and even smiled through a bunch of them. Kyle was teaching both the 9 and the 11 and so when I emerged from the 9 and felt the best I have ever felt after a class, doing the 11 just felt inevitable and RIGHT!

So I did. And for about 10 horrible minutes, I thought I'd made a HUGE mistake. My arms hurt in Pranayama and my side hurt so badly in Half Moon, and the backs of my legs hurt so badly in Standing Head to Knee. But ... I rocked out Eagle and Balancing Stick and the floor series was fine. And then I walked out and Kyle put The Allman Brothers on the stereo and we jammed out a little and I felt like a rock star!

Tomorrow's 9:00 a.m. class will be number 30 for me and I'll be officially halfway through the challenge. My body is changing so much. I've lost about 7 pounds, I'm beginning to see my waist again and my butt is tighter. When I do Standing Head to Knee and pull my elbows down, I look like an athlete and I LOVE that!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. It has fueled my practice in a way you cannot imagine! The sun is out and it's 50 degrees in B'more. Go and enjoy! I intend to!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome! I am so proud that you rocked the double. I knew you could do it. Day 30 tomorrow - yippee! Downhill from here!

Kyle said...

You so ARE an athlete.
I'm so glad that you did a double, and that I got to teach both. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I do love to have you in class. You are a model student.
Enjoy your evening- I'll see you in the AM!

Post a Comment