Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 36, Class 32: Peace Out

Today just felt good. Not too hot, not too cold. A little bit further down on Eagle, hands in prayer for part of standing separate head to knee, folded thumb knuckles to forehead during the stretching forward part of floor head to knee.

Sarah was back from Barcelona and taught class. I realized when I looked back over this blog that's it been two weeks to the day since the last time I had her as a teacher, and it feels like SO much has happened since then!

Shelley came in when I did {from the opposite door} and it seemed like a long time since I'd seen her as well. She asked how the Challenge was going for me and I said really well. She looked at me for a long moment and said, "You seem REALLY peaceful." And I said, "I am."

I do feel really peaceful. I know that there will be days in the future when the "yoga truck" will run me over again, but right now my practice just seems steady and sure, my breath seems calm and deep, my postures strong and evolving. It's easy to feel thankful to the universe when my head touches the mat right before practice. That's a gift, an easy moment of grace. I'll take it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad that you are having a nice smooth patch. I have not practiced in two days, but plan to go to the 5 PM tonight. I will post later about my 5K test this morning. I am so proud that I took 33 seconds off of my personal best! Hope to see you soon...

Post a Comment