Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 35, Class 31: Inner Wisdom

I've noticed that I've stopped thinking "I don't want to go." I think my practice is finally just becoming something I do.

Tonight was 7 p.m. with Lynne. It was fun to be in class with her because I haven't had her as a teacher in a week and she's SO enthusiastic. Class felt good. My body is getting stronger and so is my focus. During the mid-class Savasana, Lynne reminded us that although some of us come to yoga seeking wisdom from our teachers, that the wisdom is really inside ourselves. When we are able to be still and quiet the monkey mind, we discover that we tap into the well of inner knowing, of intuition, that lies inside each one of us.

I do feel that the inner chatter is less, that I'm remembering to breathe more and give situations a little more space. The absence of constant struggle feels like a bit of wisdom. It's such a relief to feel like I'm making progress, even if it's just reaching a bit more, letting go of a morsel of fear, or slowing down enough just to be present.

The top part of the blackboard has changed. It now reads, "Wherever you are today is exactly where you need to be."

It's nice to know I'm in the right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment